Re: [avrdude-dev] Speeding up flash/eeprom download

From: Matthias Weißer
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Speeding up flash/eeprom download
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:08:36 +0100

Bernard Fouché schrieb:
Hi there.

I'm currently using avrdude to flash some products with an AVRISP. The FLASH
& EEPROM images are actually in Intel Bin Hex file format and I'm looking
for ways to shorten the download time. I don't know what serial speed is
used by avrdude, I think it's 115 200bps. Can I go to a higher speed? Would
the download be faster if I switch to binary file format? Any hint welcome!

No it wouldn't. The AVRISP get's it's data in binary format. The only way to go is to use a faster programmer (with a faster interface than RS232 and maybe higher SPI clock rates to the target AVR).

--
Matthias Weißer
address@hidden