[avrdude-dev] Speeding up flash/eeprom download

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Speeding up flash/eeprom download
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:07:32 +0100

Hi there.

I'm currently using avrdude to flash some products with an AVRISP. The FLASH
& EEPROM images are actually in Intel Bin Hex file format and I'm looking
for ways to shorten the download time. I don't know what serial speed is
used by avrdude, I think it's 115 200bps. Can I go to a higher speed? Would
the download be faster if I switch to binary file format? Any hint welcome!

Thanks.

        Bernard