[avrdude-dev] baud rate enhancement

From: Brian Dean
Subject: [avrdude-dev] baud rate enhancement
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 09:37:40 -0400

Hi,

I've built a remote device and I want to update its programming
remotely over a radio link.  I'm using Jason Kyle's stk500boot.c
bootloader to make the controller on the robot simply appear to be an
STK500.  On my PC I have one side of the radio modem and the other is
on the robot.  The problem is that the radio modems won't link up at
the 115200 bps that is hard-coded for the STK500 protocol, it needs to
run slower.

Would anyone object to the following patch, or have a better solution?
Basically, all I'm doing is taking a baud rate on the command line and
using that to override the default baud rate for the programmer.
Something similar was done for the AVR910 programmer, so I just
extended that code slightly.  In that case, one can duplicate a
programmer entry and add the 'baudrate' parameter to the config file
and change it that way as well.

With this code, I can just do the following:

        avrdude -p m128 -c stk500 -b 9600 ...

I've attached the patch.  This should allow one to change the baud
rate without having to change the config file.  I've not updated any
of the docs, yet.  Note that if the baud rate is specified explicitly
in the config file, the command-line option will override it.

Comments?

-Brian