[avrdude-dev] avrdude + MinGW (was: Re: Programmers errors on linux, he

From: eric
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude + MinGW (was: Re: Programmers errors on linux, help!)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 18:52:56 GMT

> > What I'd eventually like to do is to find a comparable
Windows API
> function and
> > use that instead of any Cygwin-based function. My goal
is to eventually
> move away
> > from Cygwin and build avrdude with MinGW.
>
> Do you guys have any idea or the scope of the problem in
moving to MinGW in
> terms of how much of the existing code will break?
>
> Alex

>From what I understand, I would think it boils down to
these areas:
1. usleep replacement.
2. Replace serial port access routines with Win32 API.
3. libraries for mingw

#2 above has sort-of been started. The serial port
communications have been reorganized thanks to Ted Roth to
allow seperate *nix comms and Win32 comms. I've written
*some* code to implement the win32 comms, but it's not
finished, much less, tested. My development time is in a
state of flux at the moment.

As to #3, I seem to remember some libraries that get linked
in (sorry I can't remember which ones offhand) and we'd
have to make sure that those libraries are available on
mingw.

Eric