[avrdude-dev] Programmer errors on linux, help!

From: Janusz Dobrowolski
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Programmer errors on linux, help!
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 18:05:48 +0200

Hi all!

I use avrdude with parallel programmer (alf type hardware) on my linux box
(Celeron 233 / Debian 3.0) with no pronblems. But on my other computer (AMD
Duron 1000/Debian 3.0) avrdude fails. The program contacts programmer,
read IC signature bytes (ok) and try to program device. Verifying fails on
first bytes.
When When I try rerd IC some times, consecutive reads differs. Most often
there are only 0xff's read, sometimes some beginning bytes are read ok.

I done some tests in avrdude terminal mode, and again - on programmer startup
device signature is read, and then every reading returns 0xff. But
executing (on ATmega16) command:
send 0xac 0x53 0 0 (enter programming mode)
returns good result: ff ff 53 00  !

I tried to change timing by setting SLOW_TOGGLE 1  in par.c,
but it hangs programmer.

Tests where done on at90s2313 and ATmega16, result is the same.

Any suggestions ?

janusz