[avrdude-dev] Avrdude programming errors

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude programming errors
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:15:06 -0800

I am having intermittent difficulties with avrdude.

Sometimes, it pops up (running in my makefile) and spits out lots of
errors.
Sometimes it pops up and runs slowly, but programs the entire chip.
Sometimes it pops up and programs most of the chip but has a few
blocks of errors.
Sometimes it refuses to recognize the chip until I use the BASCOM
programmer.

It seems like the line printer port isn't being initialized properly
since many problems go away after I program using BASCOM.  Still it is
pretty unreliable, whereas BASCOM programmer is reliable using the
same cable.

Perhaps there is a timing parameter I need to futz with?  I am running
it on a laptop with XP.

Thanks.