Re: [avrdude-dev] avr part names

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avr part names
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:39:10 +0100

As E. Weddington wrote:

> Right now AVR parts in the config file have names such as "m128"
> whereas GCC requires something like "atmega128" in -mmcu.

That feature's already there:

address@hidden 140% avrdude -p m128
programmer type = PPI

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9702
avrdude: current erase-rewrite cycle count is 280 (if being tracked)

avrdude done.  Thank you.

address@hidden 141% avrdude -p atmega128
programmer type = PPI

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9702
avrdude: current erase-rewrite cycle count is 280 (if being tracked)

avrdude done.  Thank you.

The short names are just aliases suitable for manually calling the
program, while the full names are also always there, and they are
identical to what gcc expects for the -mmcu option.

In fact, i've been using it that way in my own Makefiles for quite
some time now.  When i added the twidemo project, i only dropped the
"program" target from the Makefile since avrprog was not available for
the masses by that time.