Re: [avrdude-dev] avr part names

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avr part names
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:47:38 -0500

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:37:14PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> What about coordinating the AVR processor names in the avrdude config
> file to be the same identifier as required for avr-gcc?

Sounds fine to me.  Also, if folks think it would be worthwhile, I
could easily make the part->id be a list of names instead of a single
one, similar to the what I did for the programmer.  I mostly did it
for the programmer definition so that the special value of "default"
could be applied to one of the programmers, making it the default, but
also known by its other name too.

That way, we can have a part known by multiple names - the short hand
version for folks typing it in by hand, the gcc name for folks calling
avrdude from the makefile, etc.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean