Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7464] Fix iom168p.h to be compatible withiom1

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7464] Fix iom168p.h to be compatible withiom168.h
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:27:08 -0600

I took a look at our current documentation for interrupt names:
http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/group__avr__interrupts.html
Section "Choosing the vector: Interrupt vector names".

It describes the two different naming systems, but you're right, it doesn't
seem to explicitly say that the "SIG_" names are deprecated. Joerg, we will
need to change that.

> There is a problem however with the port
> bit
> names though. iom168.h (or iomx8.h) names them PA0 PB0 etc, iom168p.h
> names
> them PORTA0 PORTB0 etc. and neither file have the other definition.
>
> Maybe a better fix then for this instance is to add the PORTA0, PORTB0 etc
> #defines to the iomx8.h file. I can make this change and update the patch
> files to add the PORTxx #define if you want.

Take a look at <avr/portpins.h>. This header is automatically included when you
include <avr/io.h>