[avr-libc-dev] [patch #7464] Fix iom168p.h to be compatible with iom168.

From: Bradley Jarvis
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7464] Fix iom168p.h to be compatible with iom168.h
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 04:46:21 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #7464 (project avr-libc):

Ok then, I did not realise that iom186p.h is auto generated. My problem is
that I have a board that started development life with an atmega168 on it,
since it is now hard to get it has been replaced with the atmega168p (and
there is also a atmega168v) I have updated to the newer chip. There are
several differences with names between the iom168.h and iom168p.h that have
caused re-compilation problems. One was the vector names, I though that SIG_
were the newer ones not the ones that have been replaced, no problems I can
update my code for this to work. There is a problem however with the port bit
names though. iom168.h (or iomx8.h) names them PA0 PB0 etc, iom168p.h names
them PORTA0 PORTB0 etc. and neither file have the other definition.

Maybe a better fix then for this instance is to add the PORTA0, PORTB0 etc
#defines to the iomx8.h file. I can make this change and update the patch
files to add the PORTxx #define if you want.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7464>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/