Re: [avr-libc-dev] Avr-libc test results

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Avr-libc test results
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:43:22 +0000

Dmitry K. wrote:
Simulate: avr/eeprom-1.c at90s2313 ... *** simulate failed: 22
Simulate: avr/eeprom-1.c at90s4414 ... *** simulate failed: 22
Simulate: avr/eeprom-1.c at90s8515 ... *** simulate failed: 22
Simulate: avr/eeprom-1.c atmega8 ... *** simulate failed: 22
Simulate: avr/eeprom-1.c atmega16 ... *** simulate failed: 22
   It is strange...  The 22 line is the first EEPROM read
operation.  Now I try to build and test CVS HEAD 2008-03-09... OK.
Later I will update and try once more.

Hi Eric, hi All.

Hi, Dmitry, hi All

[...]
Dmitry, do you think that the avr-libc test suite can be run with the
new "avrtest" program that is in the WinAVR repository?

In general, it is a *very* good idea to use small program
that is fast in testing, as the debuging is not needed.
However, it is needed to add:
  - breakpoint at address

This needs the ELF symbol table loading to be implemented first, so that we can specify breakpoints by name, right? Doing breakpoints by address should be trivial to implement.

  - restricted instruction set(s)

Is there somewhere a nice summary table of which instructions are supported for each architecture? I can certainly dig it up, but if someone has a direct link to something like that, it could save me some digging...

  - EEPROM

I don't mind implementing support for just the EEPROM, but I don't want to support many more peripherals in avrtest. Even "just the EEPROM" will already have to deal with different accessing methods in different devices.

If libc starts including functions to control other peripherals (timers, ADC's, etc.) it will become more cumbersome to test it with avrtest :(

And... for such sort of programs... it would be good to add
the regular test suite of Avrtest themself, like float/math
in Avr-libc.

I didn't know there was a regular testsuite for avrtest ;)

Anyway, my spare time has been diverted to other projects lately, but hopefully I'll be able to pick up where I left off somewhere this week.

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

"All generalizations are false."