[avr-libc-dev] Re: SPMEN vs SELFPRGEN

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: SPMEN vs SELFPRGEN
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:53:54 +0600

 >> BTW, is there any way to get these XML files (other than downloading
 >> AVR Studio)?

 > For most people, unfortunately, no. AVR Studio is the way to get
 > them.

        ACK.

[...]

 >> Does the name vary in the part description files themselves?

 > Unfortunately, it does.

        Then, in my opinion, it may be appropriate for AVR Libc to take
        care of these discrepancies.  So that both names would be
        provided even if the part description file mentions only one of
        them.

        If implemented as a #ifdef-guarded definition within a file
        included from avr/io.h (such as, e. g., avr/common.h), it
        wouldn't seem to be an obstacle to generating io*.h from part
        description files.

        Though I haven't yet stumbled over a task where I'd actually
        need this change to be done, so I won't be insisting on it.