RE: [avr-libc-dev] Probs building avr-gcc

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Probs building avr-gcc
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:27:12 -0600

Wow! You're one of the few pioneers to build and use the AVR toolchain on
Solaris!

Considering that binutils 2.18 just came out *yesterday*, and the other
distro maintainers (myself and Joerg Wunsch) haven't had a chance to try it
out yet, you would be going into new territory. A slightly safer bet is to
use binutils 2.17 with gcc 4.2.1. That combination has had a bit more
traffic.

The most common build error is configuring gcc in its own source directory.
But you're following the directions in the avr-libc user manual, so I assume
that you have avoided doing this? Was your configuration successful?

Can you attach the output from configure and from make so we can have more
context?

Thanks
Eric Weddington