RE: [avr-libc-dev] Probs building avr-gcc

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Probs building avr-gcc
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:50:30 -0600

GCC now depends on the GMP and MPFR packages.
<http://gmplib.org/>
<http://www.mpfr.org/>

Building and installation of these libraries is pretty easy. MPFR depends on
GMP, so build GMP first:

./configure --disabled-shared 2>&1 | tee gmp-configure.log
make         2>&1 | tee gmp-make.log
make check   2>&1 | tee gmp-make-check.log
make install 2>&1 | tee gmp-make-install.log

Then MPFR:

./configure --with-gmp=/usr/local --disable-shared 2>&1 | tee
mpfr-configure.log
make         2>&1 | tee mpfr-make.log
make check   2>&1 | tee mpfr-make-check.log
make install 2>&1 | tee mpfr-make-install.log

Then you have to tell GCC where these libraries reside, during the configure
process:

../gcc-$version/configure \
    --prefix=$installdir \
    --target=$target \
    --enable-languages=c,c++,objc \
    --with-dwarf2 \
    --enable-win32-registry=WinAVR-$release \
    --disable-nls \
    --with-gmp=/usr/local \
    --with-mpfr=/usr/local \
    --enable-doc \
    --disable-shared \
    2>&1 | tee $package-configure.log

(Ignore the win32/WinAVR flag. And don't build the objc front-end without
the patch I have.)

See if this gets you any farther.

HTH,
Eric Weddington