[avr-libc-dev] EEPROM.h Suggestion

From: Dean Camera
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] EEPROM.h Suggestion
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:28:03 +1000

Hi Guys,

Just been porting ButtLoad's hacked-together EEPROM support over to the (now
M169 compatible) AVRLibC version. Works fine, but I have a suggestion.

Is it possible to add to the library a #ifdef so that the current EEPROM value
is checked inside the write routine so that the value is only written if it
differs? This would impose a speed penalty but it would preserve EEPROM life. I
picture it as using a define (such as #define __EEPROM_CHECKPREV) before the
inclusion of the EEPROM header to turn on the checking functionalty.

- Dean