Re: [avr-libc-dev] fplib and MUL

From: Peeter Vois
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] fplib and MUL
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:32:32 +0300

Hi,

I am very happy about the helpful information.

I will start with the latest stable release and will try to make the
multiplication running. Then, I'll look forward the automated test
utility, some ideas would be: a) to use avr simulator (my platform is
Linux) or if it is very time consuming then b) I'll use one of my many
prototype hardware for the tests. The plan is to make heavy test scripts
for the library and to measure execution time of different algorithms.

My first idea is to define new definition in configure.in, like
__HAVE_MUL_INSTRUCTION__ for avr4 and avr5. This way if the device
classes will be reorganised, then this directive has to be defined for
classes that have MUL instruction. fplib will switch over to use MUL if
this is defined.

Best Regards ...
Peeter Vois