Re: [avr-libc-dev] eeproms and interrupts

From: Björn Haase
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] eeproms and interrupts
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 22:39:18 +0200

> I'd even go so far to write it in the preamble that unless explicitly
> stated, none of the library functions claims interrupt-safety.
>
> Any opinions about that?

I think that it would be appropriate to add such a statement. One should, IMO,
try to find a wording that is also understood by unexperienced users. Maybe:

Unless explicitly stated, the library functions are not prepared to be called
from within interrupt service routines.

(Actually, knowing that I myself usually start reading all the details of the
manual only when I have encountered problems, I don't have much hope that
this prevents that unexperienced users will try to do it never the
less. ;-) )

Yours,

Björn