[avr-libc-dev] No guard in macros.inc

From: Curtis Maloney
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] No guard in macros.inc
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:29:07 +1100

Hi,
I tried to build avr-libc 1.2.2 on my Sparc box for some home developement, only to find it breaking from a duplicate macro define.

A cursory look showed this was because libc/pmstring/strlcat_P.S was including gasava.inc and then macros.inc. However, gasava.inc also includes macros.inc. Normally, this isn't a problem, because it's common practice to put guard #ifndef's around an include, right?

        Except this time.

        And it's still there in 1.2.3.

I'm wondering what's going on, and why this hasn't been a big sticking point for people? I'm using a binutils snapshot from Feb 01, and GCC 4.0-20050226... which may be contributing, but the problem is still a basic "oops".

Not quite as perplexing as why avr-libc doesn't appear to be building any crt* libs for mega chips... or is that a gcc-4.0 thing? It seems to build them for tinys and the mid-range chips.. just not Mega*

--
Curtis Maloney