Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATTiny2313 GCC Support? (fwd)

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATTiny2313 GCC Support? (fwd)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:46:56 +0100

As Bob Paddock wrote:

> Thank you.  Looks like I need to make a patch for the patches?

If at all, then redo the patch, and submit it as a followup item to
the (closed) patch tracker.

> Where can find documentation on what exactly the AVRx stuff means,

To a lesser degree in the avr-libc docs, but most if it is only around
in GCC's sources I'm afraid.

> so I can try to recreate a new AVR6 that regain "movw, spm and some
> form of lpm asm instructions"?

You have to dig into GCC for this.  If I were you, I'd try to use the
existing code as a template for this.

> avr1 Simple CPU core, only assembler support
> avr2 "Classic" CPU core, up to 8 KB of ROM
> avr3 "Classic" CPU core, more than 8 KB of ROM
> avr4 "Enhanced" CPU core, up to 8 KB of ROM
> avr5 "Enhanced" CPU core, more than 8 KB of ROM

While you are at it, consider the ATmega256 as well (more than 64
KWords of instruction ROM). ;-)