Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: The eeprom handling routines for the mega48

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: The eeprom handling routines for the mega48
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:51:08 +0100

As Björn Haase wrote:

[EEPROM library not working for some AVRs.]

> [...] For the atmega169 this is a known bug that is
> documented. Maybe this is also the case for other controllers.

Yep, we noticed after 1.2.0 had been rolled out that we need to update
the documentation.  This has been done, so 1.2.1 has been ``fixed'' in
that respect.

> My personal recommendation for this issue is:

> I'd like to suggest you to transfer the source files for eeprom
> access to your project and make sure that they are compiled with
> the appropriate -mmcu compile switch.

That's exactly our recommended workaround for the time being, until we
moved avr-libc to a per-device library structure (which will then at
least be called avr-libc 1.4.x, perhaps even 2.x.x).  The existing
eeprom.S file should work fine on the currently unsupported AVRs,
provided it has been compiled with the appropriate -mmcu option.