[avr-libc-dev] Test results for avr-gcc-3.4.3 with test suite adapted fo

From: Björn Haase
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Test results for avr-gcc-3.4.3 with test suite adapted for avr
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:16:59 +0100

Test report for "avr-unknown-none"

Hi,

Find enclosed the repeated and "cleaned-up" test report for the avr
target.

This mail is cross posted to both, address@hidden and
the avr-libc-dev mailing list in order to reach both, avr users and the
core gcc team.

The test suite was run using the simulavr simulator using the atmega128
device.
Code was linked with avr-libc 1.0.4 and gdb 6.0 was used for controling the
simulator.

The test suite code makes use of a patch to the dg.exp test suite driver of
the dejagnu-1.4.4 code. I did not find another way to mark tests as
XFAIL or UNSUPPORTED if they were to fail already for the compilation step.
This probably is related to a problem in the dg.exp test driver, that
I'd like to judge to be a mis-feature of the present dg.exp code.

In order to suppress failures for tests that do not apply to the avr
platform, I have been forced to do major adjustments the suite code.
The changes to the individual test cases of the suite are marked by a #
in the following paragraph.

When adapting the test suite, I had to decide for a couple of cases whether a
test is relevant for avr or not. A couple of failures stems from the fact
that required header files are not present. They reflect, thus, rather a
missing support of the std library than a problem with the compiler itself.
For header files, that I personally assumed to be not relevant for avr, I
decided to mark the test to be XFAIL. I would appreciate comments from the
other avr users for the following points :

1.)
I assumed that there is no real need for precompiled header support for our
tiny avr projects. I have disabled all related tests.
2.) wide chars
I assumed that wide char support is not essential for avr targets and have,
thus disabled the tests.
3.) double support for sscanf
I have marked functions using sscanf with double arguments also as xfail.
4.) vector modes
I assumed that vector machine modes probably never will be of major importance
for avr. I, therefore, have marked these tests as xfail as well.
5.) nested functions
Due to the Harvard-Architecture of avr, gcc seems to have always problems when
using nested functions: Gcc seems to try to use trampolines all the time.
a feature rather than a bug. IMHO the only real use of nested functions is
to employ them for passing pointers to them to other functions. IIRC, however,
this allways requires the use of trampolines.
6.) Presently alias attributes are not supported for avr. I have marked
tests as XFAIL if they use this feature. (This should be discussed!).
7.) GCC seems usually to support a number of built-in functions like, e.g.,
the
ffs function that counts the trailing zero-bits of an integer. There also
seems to be a builtin-return function. The present avr implementation
does not seem to support this. I have marked these tests as xfail. One should
discuss which kind of builtin function is really useful for gcc. IMHO, we
could readily ask avr users to use functions that are defined in avr-libc
and not in libgcc2.
8.) Implement overflow checking for avr integer types would IMHO require
much to much overhead for avr. I have thus disabled these tests.

Following you will find
A) a list of some of the remaining failures together with a preliminary
   analysis and a list of my changes to the test suite and
B) then the standard gcc test summary.

If anyone on the avr-libc-dev list would be willing to help writing official
bug reports for the remaining failures, I would appreciate it. Meanwhile, I
would like to continue with testing the present head 4.0. It seems that
there are a couple of problems with the reload pass with 4.0.

Yours,

Björn Haase

P.S.: Enclosed to this mail you will find three attachments:

1.) the patch containing the changes to the test suite code
2.) a howto collection describing how to run the testsuite with
    the simulator. The tools therein now should *also* work with cygwin.
3.) a patch for dejagnu 1.4.4 dg.exp (frequently  installed
in /usr/share/dejagnu/dg.exp)) that again makes the
    dg-do assemble {xfail targettriple} and
    dg-do assemble {skip targettriple} magic comments functional.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 List of remaining failures and changes to the test suite (marked with #)

*** gcc.c-torture/compile

20010226-1
      failure origin:
      Pointer to nested function passed to external function.
      Trampolines not supported on avr.
      Test should be disabled in .x file.
#     Have added magic comment dg-xfail-if

20010327-1
      Strange test that extends a constant pointer to long long, makes some
      computations with constant values and tries
      to use it as an assembly-time constant for initializing a variable.
      IMHO test is artificial for avr targets.
      I suggest to disable it for avr in a .x file
#     Have added magic comment dg-xfail-if
20010605-1
      Seems to be a real bug related to nested functions. Seems that
      the compiler tries to use trampolines that are not supported on the
      harward-architecture of avr.
20020604-1
      Fails since it uses a static array with more than 8k Ram
      Should be disabled for avr in .x file.
#     Have added magic comment dg-xfail-if

20020710-1
      Seems to be a real bug. Shifts with negative arguments seem
      to fail always.
      Negative instruction length is reported.
20021119-1
      Real bug.
      Negative instruction length is reported when shifting with large
      negative values. Only fails with -O0 (!).
20021123-4
      Real bug.
      Negative instruction length is reported when shifting with large
      negative values. Only fails with -O0 (!).
20030224-1
      Real bug in emit_move_insn.
20040130-1
      Test case assumes short to be > 8 Bit.
      Test should be disabled in .x file
# have marked this as xfail by magic comment.
900116-1
      Real bug. Shows up only with -O3.
920626-1
      Again the same bug:
      x >> a with negative shift count a yields negative instruction length.
920702-1
      Again the same bug: negative shift count.
930621-1
      Uses a large data array. Compilation fails only with -O3.
      Seems to be the same origin as for test case 900116-1
961203-1
      Uses an array that is too big to fit into memory.
      Test should be disabled by dg magic comment.
# test disabled by magic comment.
980506-1
      Test case uses an array that is too big. Test should be disabled by
      dg magic comment.
# avr is added to the xfail list.

*** gcc.c-torture/execute

20010122-1 execution
    execution works only with -O0 !!!  Should be investigated. Proabably
    a real bug.
20020720-1 compilation
     test for fabs() optimization. Fails also for other embedded targets.
     avr should be excluded in existing .x file.
# avr-*-* is now added to the list of xfail targets in the existing .x file.
20040331-1 compilation
     test case assumes int to be 32 bit.
     Suggestion:
     Test case should be changed to
     work also with targets where int is defined to be 16 bit.
# changed test case to evaluate __INT_MAX__ symbol in order to adapt
# to the case that int=16 bit by conditional compilation.
920501-8   execution
     Test case contains sprintf and is also not supported by m6811.
     I suggest to exclude avr for this test in the .x file.
# avr added to the list of unsupported targets in the existing .x file.
930513-1   execution
     Test case uses sprintf
     Suggestion: .exclude in .x file like m68HC11930513-1   execution
# avr added to the list of unsupported target in the existing .x file.
930608-1   compilation
     Real compiler bug: Compilation fails with -O3
     Again probably related to testcase gcc.c-torture/compile/990116-1.
960405-1   execution
     Test case using long doubles with values beyond the range of long doubles
     for the avr target since it uses the SF representation also for long
     doubles.
     Test case seems to target old CRAY problems and should
      probably be disabled for avr targets.
#disabled in new .x file.
builtin-bitops-1 compilation
     Test case requires assert.h that is not available in avr-libc
# File used to include assert.h but seems actually to never use it.
# now the #include assert.h is commented out in the sources.
ffs-1      compilation
     builtin function ffs does not exist.
# OK, let's make it a feature and not a bug. I don't expect that
# any avr user ever will make use of this built-in function.
# marked as xfail for avr in new .x file.
ffs-2      compilation
     builtin function ffs does not exist.
# same as ffs-1. new .x file
multi-ix   compilation
     compilation with -O0 fails (seems to use the symbol bzero that
     is defined nowhere).
     compilation and execution with other optimizer options work (!).
     Probably a real bug.
va-arg-21 compilation
     test case uses function vprintf that is not available on avr.
#added a new .x file excluding avr from the tests.

ieee/920810-1 execution
     test case uses sprintf in an unsupported way.
     Test should be disabled on avr targets
#test marked as xfail. added new .x file.
ieee/fp-cmp-1 compilation
     Test case uses signal.h (probably for catching fp exceptions.
     Test case should be disabled for avr targets.
#test case modified such that it does not include signal.h if
# SIGNAL_SUPPRESS is defined.

ieee/fp-cmp-2 compilation
     Test case uses signal.h that is not available for avr.
# like fp-cmp-1.
ieee/fp-cmp-3 compilation
     Test case uses signal.h.
# like fp-cmp-1.
ieee/fp-cmp-8 execution
     Execution fails. Possibly because avr-sf is not fully IEEE compliant or
     because double is of SF type? Failure should be investigated.
     Possibly a real bug in the FP code.
ieee/hugeval  execution
     Possibly fails because avr is not fully IEEE compliant.
     Should be investigated.
ieee/inf-1    execution
     Execution fails with -O0 and -O1.
     Failure should be investigated. Maybe that the execution is
     too slow in the simulator. Could, however, also be a real bug!
ieee/inf-2    execution
     Failure should be investigated. Possibly a problem due to absence
     of full IEEE compliance.
ieee/mzero2   execution
     Failure should be investigated. Possibly a problem due to absence of
     full IEEE compliance.

*** gcc.dg/compat

struct-align-1
# skipped for avr by magic comment since it implicitly assumes int to be
# 32 bit wide.
vector-1, vector-2
# avr does not support machine modes V1DI and V2DI so far.
# test marked as xfail.

*** gcc.dg/cpp

if-2 CPP failure
     Test case assumes int to be 32 bit which is not true for avr.
     This should be considered within magic comments if possible.
# added magic comment marking this test as xfail.

*** gcc.dg/debug
     After first assuming that unsupported debug formats are tested, I now
     think that the 54 bugs are *real* bugs. (9 Source files with problems
     for debug output multiplied by 2x3 different debug options)
     No need to change anything in order to adapt the test suite in this
     directory.

*** gcc.dg

20040625-1 excess error
     Test case assumes int to be 32 bit.
     This should be considered within magic comments if possible.
# test marked as xfail.
Wpadded
     Test case assumes that there should be a warning due to alignment
     of struct component. Since there is no padding present for the avr
target,
     this warning correctly is not generated.
     This should be considered within magic comments if posible.
# marked as "to be skipped " in magic comment.

array-quals-1
     This test case looks for a read-only section. The read-only section
     for avr, however, has a different name (i.e. not .ro).
     This should be considered
     within the magic comments.
# marked as "to be skipped" in magic comment.
bitfld-3
     Test case tests alignment and is, thus, not relevant for avr.
     Test should be disabled by magic comments.
# marked as unsupported in magic comment.
builtin-return-1
     Don't know whether to consider this to be a bug or not.
     The builtin-return feature seems not to be available on avr.?
#marked as xfail
builtins-18
     Test case uses complex objects that are not available on avr.
     Test case should probably be disabled by magic comments.
#avr marked as skip
builtins-20
     The tested builtin functions do not exist for avr targets.
     Test case should be disabled by magic comments.
#avr marked as xfail
const-elim-1
     Test also is xfail for arm-*-*, etc.
     avr also should be marked as xfail.
#avr marked as xfail.
ftrapv-1
     avr does not support overflow-trapping.
     avr targets should be excluded by magic comments.
#avr marked as xfail.
i386-sse-8
     should be excluded for *all* NON-i386 targets.
loop-3
     should be excluded for *all* NON-i386 targets.
section1
     section names are different for avr targets
     Test should be disabled by magic comment.
trampoline-1
     trampoline-1 should check whether NO_TRAMPOLINES is defined.
typeof-1
     Don't know whether to consider this as failure.
     We probably should exclude it from avr testing since alias definitions
     are not supported by avr.
ultrasp4
     Test should be disabled for all targets except ultrasp4.
#test is skipped now.
wchar_t-1
     wchar.h is not available for avr. Test should be excluded.
#test skipped now.
wtr-conversion-1
     The required warnings *are* issued also for avr, but they are a bit
     different since float and double are the same for avr targets.
     Magic comments should be adapted.
#test marked as xfail

*** gcc.dg/torture/

builtin-explog-1
     Constant promotion for exp and log for avr floating point seem
     not to work. A missing compiler feature.
nested-fn-1
     Seems to use trampolines that are not supported by avr.
     Test should be disabled for avr.
# we should document that avr does not support nested functions since
# they would require trampolines. Test marked as xfail.

*** gcc.dg/pch
     Since there is no profiling we should skip the entire directory.
     If I have seen correctly, there is a possibility to do this
     within the gcc/testsuite/lib/ scripts.
# incorporated change in the testsuite drivers in order to skip this
# entire directory in case that
#   target_info gcc,no_pch_tests
# has been defined in the target board description file.

*** gcc.dg/weak

typeof-2
     seems to use __asm statements for changing the name of functions.
     We already had a similar test in gcc.dg that failed as well.
     In my opinion this is rather a missing feature than a bug.
     Test should be disabled for avr.
# marked as XFAIL.
weak-3
     There are no alias definitions for avr.
     Test should be disabled for avr.
weak-5
     There are no alias definitions for avr. Test should be disabled.
weak-9
     There are no alias definitions for avr. Test should be disabled.
#marked to be skipped.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

LAST_UPDATED:
Target is avr-unknown-none
Host   is i686-pc-linux-gnu

                === gcc tests ===

Running target atmega128-sim
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20020710-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20020710-1.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20020710-1.c  -O2  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20020710-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  (test for
excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20020710-1.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20020710-1.c  -Os  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20021119-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20021123-4.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -O2  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  (test for
excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-all-loops -finline-functions  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20030224-1.c  -Os  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/900116-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  (test for
excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/900116-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/900116-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-all-loops -finline-functions  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/900116-1.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/920626-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/920626-1.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/920626-1.c  -O2  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/920626-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  (test for
excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/920626-1.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/920626-1.c  -Os  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/920702-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/930621-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  (test for
excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/930621-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/930621-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-all-loops -finline-functions  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/930621-1.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/20010122-1.c execution,  -O1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/20010122-1.c execution,  -O2
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/20010122-1.c execution,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/20010122-1.c execution,  -Os
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/20020720-1.c execution,  -O1
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/20020720-1.c execution,  -O2
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/20020720-1.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/20020720-1.c execution,  -O3 -g
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/20020720-1.c execution,  -Os
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/930608-1.c compilation,  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/930608-1.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/930608-1.c compilation,  -O3 -g
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/930608-1.c execution,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -O0
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -O1
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -O1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -O2
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -O2
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -finline-functions
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -finline-functions
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -O3 -g
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c compilation,  -Os
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c execution,  -Os
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/multi-ix.c compilation,  -O0
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/multi-ix.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/string-opt-11.c compilation,  -O0
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/string-opt-11.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/string-opt-12.c compilation,  -O0
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/string-opt-12.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/string-opt-2.c compilation,  -O0
UNRESOLVED: gcc.c-torture/execute/string-opt-2.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -O1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -O2
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -finline-functions
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/fp-cmp-8.c execution,  -Os
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/hugeval.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/hugeval.c execution,  -O1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/hugeval.c execution,  -O2
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/hugeval.c execution,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/hugeval.c execution,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/hugeval.c execution,  -Os
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-1.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-1.c execution,  -O1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-2.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-2.c execution,  -O1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-2.c execution,  -O2
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-2.c execution,  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-2.c execution,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/inf-2.c execution,  -Os
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/minuszero.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/mzero2.c execution,  -O0
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/mzero2.c execution,  -O1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/mzero2.c execution,  -O2
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/mzero2.c execution,  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/mzero2.c execution,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/ieee/mzero2.c execution,  -Os
FAIL: gcc.dg/compat/scalar-by-value-1 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
FAIL: gcc.dg/compat/scalar-by-value-3 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
FAIL: gcc.dg/compat/scalar-return-1 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o execute
FAIL: gcc.dg/compat/scalar-return-3 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o execute
WARNING: compat.exp does not support dg-do
FAIL: gcc.dg/compat/struct-align-1 c_compat_x_tst.o compile
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-11 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-12 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-13 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-14 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-15 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-16 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-17 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-18 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-2 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/struct-by-value-4 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o
execute
FAIL: gcc.dg/compat/vector-1 c_compat_y_tst.o compile
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/vector-1 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o link
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/vector-1 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o execute
FAIL: gcc.dg/compat/vector-2 c_compat_y_tst.o compile
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/vector-2 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o link
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/compat/vector-2 c_compat_x_tst.o-c_compat_y_tst.o execute
XPASS: gcc.dg/cpp/if-2.c basic charconst recognition (test for bogus messages,
line 5)
FAIL: gcc.dg/cpp/if-2.c multi-character charconst (test for warnings, line 20)
FAIL: gcc.dg/cpp/if-2.c (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs1 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs1 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs1 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs3 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs3 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+1 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+1 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+1 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+ (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+ -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+ -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+3 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/20020327-1.c -gstabs+3 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs1 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs1 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs1 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs3 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs3 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+1 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+1 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+1 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+ (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+ -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+ -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+3 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-3.c -gstabs+3 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs1 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs1 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs1 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs3 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs3 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+1 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+1 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+1 -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+ (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+ -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+ -O3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+3 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+3 -O (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/debug/debug-5.c -gstabs+3 -O3 (test for excess errors)
WARNING: gcc.dg/builtin-return-1.c compilation failed to produce executable
XPASS: gcc.dg/c99-flex-array-4.c sizeof != offsetof (test for bogus messages,
line 24)
WARNING: gcc.dg/ftrapv-1.c compilation failed to produce executable
XPASS: gcc.dg/sibcall-3.c execution test
XPASS: gcc.dg/sibcall-4.c execution test
FAIL: gcc.dg/typeof-1.c scan-assembler-not foo
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/special/20000419-2.c
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/special/alias-1.c
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/special/alias-2.c
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/special/wkali-1.c
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/special/wkali-2.c
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-explog-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-explog-1.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-explog-1.c  -O2  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-explog-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  (test for
excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-explog-1.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-explog-1.c  -Os  (test for excess errors)
ERROR: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O0 : error executing dg-final: couldn't
open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O0 : error executing dg-final:
couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
ERROR: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O1 : error executing dg-final: couldn't
open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O1 : error executing dg-final:
couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
ERROR: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O2 : error executing dg-final: couldn't
open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O2 : error executing dg-final:
couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
ERROR: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer : error
executing dg-final: couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer : error
executing dg-final: couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
ERROR: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O3 -g : error executing dg-final:
couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -O3 -g : error executing dg-final:
couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
ERROR: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -Os : error executing dg-final: couldn't
open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory
UNRESOLVED: gcc.dg/torture/nested-fn-1.c  -Os : error executing dg-final:
couldn't open "nested-fn-1.s": no such file or directory

                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            22485
# of unexpected failures        148
# of unexpected successes       4
# of expected failures          111
# of unresolved testcases       44
# of untested testcases         17
# of unsupported tests          991
/home/bmh/gnucvs/ngcc343/build/gcc/xgcc version 3.4.3

Compiler version: 3.4.3 gcc
Platform: avr-unknown-none
configure flags: --target=avr --prefix=/home/bmh --enable-languages=c
--disable-nls