Re: [avr-libc-dev] iocan128.h changes - possibly final

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] iocan128.h changes - possibly final
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:57:15 -0600

On 21 Jun 2004 at 14:44, Steffen Rose wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working with WinAVR (20040404) and want to compile a CAN
> based program for the CAN128.
>
> On Saturday 19 June 2004 13:05, Colin O'Flynn wrote:
> > said I would do a while ago to the iocan128.h file
> > (mostly some final checks). I've attached the final
> > version I have (didn't think there was a point to a patch
> > since there is a LOT of things moved around so the patch
> > file was bigger than the original!!).
>
> What have I to do to use the iocan128.h for my
> implementation? I think the io.h has to change and the
> -mmcu flag has to change, or not?

You'll need a new toolset. Currently there is an experimental version of WinAVR
that contains support for the new devices. IIRC, Colin O'Flynn has a copy of
it. Plus you'll need the updated IO header file (iocan128.h). I've CC'd Colin
about this, perhaps you could both work out how to get / provide this
experimental toolset?

Alternatively, you could wait about 2-3 weeks for a new release of WinAVR,
which should contain this support. This would be *preferable*, unless it's
absolutely critical that you need this now.

HTH