Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #8643] Misspelled signal names are not caught b

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #8643] Misspelled signal names are not caught by gcc.
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:47:27 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> It was actually fairly trivial to teach gcc how to catch this. I've
> attached a patch for gcc. If it is acceptable, I'll send it upstream
> to Marek for his comments.

This is fine by me.  It won't catch misspelled signames in assembler
code, but then, assembler programmers always bear a lot more
responsibility for the correctness of their code, so they might much
easier be aware of that issue than C programmers are.

I also like it a lot better than all the tangled stuff that would be
required when trying to fix that in the headers.