Re: [avr-libc-dev] todo for 1.0.4?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] todo for 1.0.4?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:49:27 -0600

On 16 Apr 2004 at 12:40, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> That's for 1.1. Nothing marked deprecated in 1.0 should be removed from
> 1.0.
>
> I've been planning on doing deprecated removal sweep on HEAD for a
> while, just haven't had the time yet.

Thanks.

> > Doing support on these is starting to get old.
>
> Huh? I don't really consider telling people not to use them as support.
> If they want to use them and are surprised when they disappear, then
> they haven't been paying attention or reading the docs for the last
> year. There's been plenty of warning and if they really want to use the
> deprecated interfaces, they can write the #defines themselves.

Well, telling them that they're deprecated isn't that bad. Then they want to
know why is that, in excruciating detail. So, I'm all ready for 1.1 whenever
that happens.

Speaking of which, you're releasing 1.0.4 soon. Are there plans for a 1.0.5/6?
Will 1.1 be next? No thoughts on the matter yet because you're too damn busy
and I should just leave you alone? :-)