[avr-libc-dev] [Bug #3485] Using float arithmetic without linking with

From: nobody
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [Bug #3485] Using float arithmetic without linking with -lm result in incorrect code
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:12:24 -0400

=================== BUG #3485: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3485&group_id=2140

Submitted by: abaldoni                Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted on: Tue 05/06/03 at 14:12
Category:  Documentation              Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Originator Email:  address@hidden

code

Original Submission:  In the normal C environment, it's possibile to compile
correct code using floating point arithmetic without linking math library. Math
library is required only if functions like sin() are used. I try to do the same
with avr-libc, but the math code included (__floatsisf for instance) contains
jmp 0x0 wich obviusly isn't what I wanted. Linking with -lm is a solution, but
it must be stated that every use of FPA requires -lm.

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

File Attachments

Date: Tue 05/06/03 at 14:12  Name: k  Size: 0KB   By: abaldoni