Re: [avr-libc-dev] delay in microseconds [Was: Adding new device to Libc

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] delay in microseconds [Was: Adding new device to Libc]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:02:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi again,

I see.. so someone has already worked on it!

BTW One idea I thought of if you wanted to do the math
at compile time and still keep 3 or 4 inline
instructions is to keep the current delay functions
the same, but add a simple define like

#define uS     *((0.000001 * F_CLK)/4)

then when you call the function:

wait_for(100 uS);

  -Colin

PS: It seems there is a few different implimentations
possible (malloc, hardware, etc), but I think a lot of
the people will just be using these as general delays
that don't have to be accurate, and the inline ASM
might be best for them...

However I'm sure some people WILL require more
accuract delays, so maybe have a few different
implimentations avaliable in the file?

http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2003-01/msg00040.html