Re: [avr-libc-dev] does avr-gcc support the 6464C

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] does avr-gcc support the 6464C
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:15:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I would venture to say that I doubt it will ever
support that chip.

The AT90SC is a secure microcontroller series, and
Atmel won't give the data-sheet out for it. You have
to pretty well have a very specific application in
mind, and even then be a pretty large corporation (I
talked to them once about this, the large corporation
isn't that important but it helps).

One would need the data-sheet from Atmel to make the
GCC compiler support it, and of course if you got it
you couldn't show it to anyone. As well releasing the
header files for it would reveal informaion about the
micro, which I don't think would be allowed.

  -Colin