[avr-libc-dev] [Bug #2043] printf() requires function 'puts()' in some

From: nobody
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [Bug #2043] printf() requires function 'puts()' in some cases
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:44:49 -0500

=================== BUG #2043: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2043&group_id=2140

Submitted by: dalewheat                 Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted on: 2002-Dec-22 22:44
Category:  Library                      Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                        Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                      Originator Email:  address@hidden

Original Submission:  printf() in avr-libc?  Bestill my heart!  I love it.
However, I have found this anomaly:  When the format string does NOT contain
"\n" new line character, everything works well.  If the format string DOES
contain "\n", then the linker fails, citing an "undefined reference to puts()".
 Do I need to include my own version of puts(), just as I included my own
version of (in this example) uart_putc & uart_getc?  Thanks for the help.

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: