Re: [avr-libc-dev] Just FYI

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Just FYI
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:16:01 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> :) works pretty well.  The generated code is identical (except that i
> :) forgot to apply the patch that reverses the instruction order for
> :) 16-bit word writes), avr-libc compiles and installs without problems.
> :) (I didn't have doxygen there, so no doc build tested.)
>
> I thought that patch was already committed?

Last time i looked, it wasn't.  Only the patch to avoid the C++
exception handling was committed.  But i admit i haven't been doing
a cvs update for the GCC sources for quite some time now.

(Unability to install from an NFS-mounted directory.)

> Can't you get around being root by installing into your home directory? I
> always build the tools with "--prefix=$HOME/local/avr" for just that
> reason.

I could have done this, yes.  Anyway, i think that the "make install"
stage simply has no business in writing to the source tree if a
previous "make [all]" went through completely.  Anything else i'd
consider a bug.

But it's not our bug, agreed.