Re: [avr-libc-dev] gif usage

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] gif usage
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:32:17 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I just tried to compile the lib from cvs and the build broke on my debian
> system due to usage of gif files in the dox. I've committed a patch
> switching the gif's to png's.

The problem is that fig2dev can't use transparent background on
PNG.  Well, it's only 1/2 of a problem since the background color
is stupidly forced to white by doxygen anyway.  I'd rather have it
to get my own background color preference... in that case, having a
white-filled image background would look terrible.

> Please note that we can not use gifs in the html output since we are not
> allowed to have gif's on the fsf/savannah servers.

Sheesh.  Stupid licensing @$!#.  Everybody uses GIF...  I hope there
aren't more serious restrictions for using these servers.

> The pictures help illustrate the malloc layout nicely.

Thanks!