[avr-libc-dev] Re: Add items on TODO

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: Add items on TODO
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:52:49 -0700 (PDT)

Sure. Before I commit it, can you explain what seems to be the problem
with asin?

I looked into this a few weeks ago, and haven't convinced myself that it's
completely broken. My investigation seemed lead to there not being a clear
understanding of the format of the floats. gcc uses ieee format floats so
1.0 looks like 0x3f800000, while the asin() implementation seems to think
1.0 is 0x7f000000. Thus, I have this strange suspicion that the people
complaining about a broken asin() are not interpreting the results in the
correct format. I could be very wrong about this though, I haven't had the
time to do a throrough analysis.

Ted Roth