automake

Re: AC_ARG_ENABLE and checking for unrecognized switches

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: AC_ARG_ENABLE and checking for unrecognized switches
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 10:13:03 -0700

On Fri, 2019-03-15 at 07:02 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I think there are a few wrinkles:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.68/html_node/Option-Checking.html
>
> My reading is that there *is* checking by default, but it is turned
> off if you have a subdir configure, but then can be turned back on
> again by the user.

Good eye, Tom. The only problem here is my configure.ac doesn't use a
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS because there are no child configure.ac scripts to
run, so by default that checking should have been enabled. It's
possible I could be doing something wrong though.

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred