automake

Re: Probem with docdir sudirectory

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Probem with docdir sudirectory
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:11:05 +0100

Hello Sergio,

* Sergio Belkin wrote on Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 03:39:04PM CET:
> I have a file into subdirectory of docdir that is not installed
>
> make distcheck complains saying:
>
> No rule to make target `doc/tests/exampleConf.txt', necesario para `all-am'.

Does the file exist in either the source or the build tree?

> docdir = $(datadir)/doc/${PACKAGE}
> dist_doc_DATA = doc/README doc/README.FEDORA doc/README.CENTOS
> doc/multithreading.intro doc/intro doc/INSTALL
> docdir_testsdir = $(docdir)/tests
> docdir_tests_DATA = doc/tests/testUpThreadWorkSplittable.cc \
[...]
> doc/tests/testUpConf.cc doc/tests/exampleConf.txt \

> installcheck-local:
>         @echo "We will run a manual building against installed $(PACKAGE)"

You mean 'build' not 'building' here.

>         @sleep 2
>         g++  -Wl,--as-needed -o  testUpLog $(srcdir)/tests/testUpLog.cc
> -I$(includedir)  -L$(libdir) -lUpTools

Please don't hard-code compiler names and flags like that.  That's what
AC_PROG_CXX is for, then use $(CXX) at least.  For a portable variant of
-Wl,--as-needed, use the lib-ignore module from gnulib.

>         @echo
>         @echo  -e "You can run more tests, issuing:\n g++ -Wl,--as-needed -o
> binary_filename tests/source_filename -l UpTools"

echo -e is not portable, you can use printf instead.
A space between -l and the library name is AFAIK not portable.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf