automake

Re: Turning Off Compiler Optimization in Subdir

From: Simon Richter
Subject: Re: Turning Off Compiler Optimization in Subdir
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:29:06 +0200

Hi,

Geoffrey Hutchison schrieb:

OK, my automake-driven project has managed to find a C++ compiler bug due to optimization. Fortunately, the problem is only in a few files in a subdir.

Erm, does it affect all C++ compilers, or just specific ones?

I suppose it is the latter only, so I'd suggest hacking a small test case that reproduces this problem, and using that from the configure script to find out whether the compiler that is being used is also affected, and in this case, strip the -O flag. This way, your package will continue to work(around) when you have upgraded to a newer compiler, but the user compiling your package hasn't.

   Simon