automake

Re: Adding '-nostartfiles' at link stage

From: Yannick Perret
Subject: Re: Adding '-nostartfiles' at link stage
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:22:18 +0200

Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

> [...]
>
>  Yannick> The only (ugly) way I found was to do this:
>  Yannick> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link "gcc -nostartfiles" ...
>  Yannick> to force libtool to include the '-nostartfiles' option.
>
> What do you mean by "to do"?  Are you overriding the link rule?
> Why these quotes around "gcc -nostartfiles"?
>
> One usually adds link flags such as -nostartfiles using _LDFLAGS
> (search maude_LDFLAGS in the Automake manual).

I added the '-nostartfiles' in LDFLAGS:
libfc_la_LDFLAGS = -nostartfiles

The result is that the lib does not link at all:

(...)
mv -f .libs/fc_semaphore.lo fc_semaphore.lo
rpath /usr/local/lib -nostartfiles fc_check.lo fc_tools.lo fc_time.lo
fc_ressources.lo fc_com.lo fc_memory.lo fc_fifo.lo fc_semaphore.lo
make: rpath : not found
make: [libfc.la] Error 127 (ignored)

Of course, I re-run automake and autoconf and the configure after adding
this line,
and I removed my "gcc -nostartfiles" hack from the .am.

Any clue ?

--
Yannick