automake

Re: Overriding of automake rules fails

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Overriding of automake rules fails
Date: 21 Apr 2002 13:47:14 -0600

>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Leigh <address@hidden> writes:

Roger> In a Makefile.am, we provide our own mostlyclean-aminfo rule,
Roger> which is identical to the default except that the dvi and ps
Roger> files are not removed.  However, whilst this works with GNU
Roger> make, Solaris make will still use the original rule, because it
Roger> is still in Makefile.in

Roger> Would it be possible not to include this rule if it is already
Roger> defined in Makefile.am?

That's what is supposed to happen.  Please submit a Gnats PR on this.

Tom