autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #10452] AX_PROG_CC_FOR_BUILD patches that fix BUILD_{EXE, OBJ}EXT

From: anonymous
Subject: [patch #10452] AX_PROG_CC_FOR_BUILD patches that fix BUILD_{EXE, OBJ}EXT (Autoconf 2.70)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 16:46:00 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: Explorer09@gmail.com
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Sat 04 May 2024 08:45:59 PM UTC By: Anonymous
The BUILD_EXEEXT and BUILD_OBJEXT variables in AX_PROG_CC_FOR_BUILD are broken
again in Autoconf 2.70 and later.

It seems to be caused by an internal change of AC_SUBST macro that prevented
the "variable name" argument in AC_SUBST to be macro-expanded.

I took the time and found the right way to make variables work. (Patch 1)

There have been a variable rename workaround for "ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu" in
this AX_PROG_CC_FOR_BUILD module, as the code is similar, I modified the
"ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu" code as well (Patch 2), so that the code alignes with
the BUILD_EXEEXT and BUILD_OBJEXT solutions.

File Attachments:

Name: 0002-ax_prog_cc_for_build-Tweak-ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu-code.patch  Size:
3KiB
<https://file.savannah.gnu.org/file/0002-ax_prog_cc_for_build-Tweak-ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu-code.patch?file_id=56010>
Name: 0001-ax_prog_cc_for_build-Fix-BUILD_-EXE-OBJ-EXT-for-Auto.patch  Size:
4KiB
<https://file.savannah.gnu.org/file/0001-ax_prog_cc_for_build-Fix-BUILD_-EXE-OBJ-EXT-for-Auto.patch?file_id=56009>

    AGPL NOTICE

These attachments are served by Savane. You can download the corresponding
source code of Savane at
https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/snapshot/savane-caa52dc0f3fa3d0ef394065c00d653c139eb10e8.tar.gz

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?10452>

Message sent via Savannah