auctex

Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: petepetite75
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 16:36:03 +0200

> Maybe you should try another instance
> of wsl installation, say Ubuntu, to see whether AUCTeX runs as expected
> or not. If it fails as well, then emacs running under wsl has something
> wrong about starting asynchronous process of windows binary. On the
> contrary, if it runs normally, then your current installation of Debian
> wsl is somehow corrupted.
Oh no, not me again. Just in case anybody might be interested and so that really nothing remains unattempted, I did a 'ground-zero' fresh installation of wsl + Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
I haven't reproduced all of Ikumi's steps, but the result seems exactly the same:
1. From within wsl-emacs + auctex no windows Tex Live-installation can be found, replacing commands by their corresponing .exe to no substantial avail, etc. p.p.
2. Flawless compilation and production of a pdf from tex-file, when pdflatex.exe is manually executed outside wsl-Emacs in (now-) Ubuntu console: pdflatex.exe test2.tex
So rather than anything being wrong wsl, probably "then emacs running under wsl has something
wrong about starting asynchronous process of windows binary." (cit. Ikumi)
Btw, One user besides me with the same setup seems to have encountered the very same issue:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/519687/is-there-any-way-to-run-windows-texlive-on-wsl
One commentator gives a hint that he has managed to get it working with pdflatex.exe, as I understand it he does not say whether in wsl-console or via emacs.
Kind regards!
Pete
Edit:  After just re-reading the user's question on tex-stackexchange, I correct myself: he did not say he encountered an issue, but was wise enough to ask beforehand. I also assume the commentator got it to work via the console, as in the thread there is no mention of emacs.
I don't understanding every line, but it seems wsl has no qualms accessing Win/ Tex Live
pdflatex.exe test2.tex

--->

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.24 (TeX Live 2022) (preloaded format=pdflatex)
restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./test2.tex
LaTeX2e <2021-11-15> patch level 1
L3 programming layer <2022-02-24>
(c:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2021/10/04 v1.4n Standard LaTeX document class
(c:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
(c:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/tex/latex/l3backend/l3backend-pdftex.def)
No file test2.aux.
[1{c:/texlive/2022/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./test2.aux)
)<c:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr10.pfb>
Output written on test2.pdf (1 page, 12756 bytes).
Transcript written on test2.log.

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort