auctex

Re: Manually enable package completion

From: Denis Bitouzé
Subject: Re: Manually enable package completion
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 18:26:47 +0200

Le 13/05/22 à 14h29, Arash Esbati a écrit :

> Hi Denis,

Hi Arash,

really sorry for the delay!

> Denis Bitouzé <denis.bitouze@univ-littoral.fr> writes:
>
>> Thanks to Mandar's (excellent!) suggestion, I easily obtained the joined
>> style file.
>
> Ah, Ok, a larger custom class file :)

Indeed! ;)

> There is also a command `TeX-auto-generate'[1] which does the same
> thing

Good to know!

> and is probably more convenient.

Than what? And why?

> But I think this is a good example that auto-generated styles give one
> a good skeleton for working, but for your letgut.cls, it would take
> a little more effort and one could write a style which really fits.
> I'm attaching my take on this.

Many thanks!

> Do you want to take this from there and make it feature-complete?

Well, of course... except I don't know what I should do in order to make
it feature-complete (except add the recent, yet unpublished, changes).

> Then you can submit it to AUCTeX.

I would be happy to do so.

>> You can see that `TeX-run-style-hooks` contains
>> `"listings"`. Nevertheless, with the following file:
>>
>> \documentclass{letgut}
>> \begin{document}
>> Foo
>> \end{document}
>>
>> %%% Local Variables:
>> %%% mode: latex
>> %%% TeX-master: t
>> %%% TeX-engine: luatex
>> %%% End:
>>

>> I do not benefit from any completion (e.g. for `\lstinline`).
>
> Hmm, I saved your letgut.el, did 'C-c C-m usepackage RET letgut RET'
> just to make AUCTeX load the style and listings was also loaded.  Hard
> to tell what went wrong.  What happens if you hit 'C-u C-c C-n'?

OK, it works now, at least for commands (and even very nicely for
\letgutsetup for which all the options are recognized!): many thanks!

But, I couldn't benefit from any completion:

- for the environments, e.g. `ltx-code`, even in the master document,
- from (\input-ed) subfiles, even if TeX-master is properly (running
  from the subfile, runs the TeX-master files, as expected).

Best.
--
Denis