auctex

Re: Manually enable package completion

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Manually enable package completion
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:29:15 +0200

Hi Denis,

Denis Bitouzé <denis.bitouze@univ-littoral.fr> writes:

> Thanks to Mandar's (excellent!) suggestion, I easily obtained the joined
> style file.

Ah, Ok, a larger custom class file :)  There is also a command
`TeX-auto-generate'[1] which does the same thing and is probably more
convenient.

But I think this is a good example that auto-generated styles give one a
good skeleton for working, but for your letgut.cls, it would take a
little more effort and one could write a style which really fits.  I'm
attaching my take on this.  Do you want to take this from there and make
it feature-complete?  Then you can submit it to AUCTeX.

> You can see that `TeX-run-style-hooks` contains
> `"listings"`. Nevertheless, with the following file:
>
> \documentclass{letgut}
> \begin{document}
> Foo
> \end{document}
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% TeX-engine: luatex
> %%% End:
>

> I do not benefit from any completion (e.g. for `\lstinline`).

Hmm, I saved your letgut.el, did 'C-c C-m usepackage RET letgut RET'
just to make AUCTeX load the style and listings was also loaded.  Hard
to tell what went wrong.  What happens if you hit 'C-u C-c C-n'?

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#index-TeX_002dauto_002dgenerate