auctex-devel

Re: Provide style file for babel support for Brazilian

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Provide style file for babel support for Brazilian
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 16:27:25 -0300

Hi Arash,

On Mon, 03 May 2021 at 06:51, Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

I now have for styles: Main styles "brazilian.el" and "portuguese.el",
and "brazil.el" and "portuges.el" which just run one of the former
ones.  I think with this setup things should work out.

Looks great to me.

The styles are attached.  Can you please review them one last time?
Then I will push them to AUCTeX repo and also update the manual.

I have examined and tested the four style files and found just two small glitches.

In `brazilian.el' there's a typo at:

;; Cater for some specialities of Brazilian and Portugues languages
                                               ^^^^^^^^^
Which should read "Portuguese".

In `portuges.el' we are calling the file onto itself, we should be using `(TeX-run-style-hooks "portuguese")' instead.

With that in hand, from my side, we are good to go.

One note from my side: The name of the marks is `guillemets'[2]; guillemot
is a bird :-)

[:blush:]...
Well, this is curious. My inner ear said it was `guillemets', but I don't recall the last time I had to write this one, so I was not sure, and I looked around. Just to find in the source of `babel', which I was checking:

\declare@shorthand{portuges}{"<}{%
 \textormath{\guillemotleft}{\mbox{\guillemotleft}}}
\declare@shorthand{portuges}{">}{%
 \textormath{\guillemotright}{\mbox{\guillemotright}}}

So I figured I must have been wrong. Since the spellchecker did not correct me (given the bird...), I went along. Thanks for not letting me linger on the mistake. ;-)

And thank you very much for all the work with the style files!

Best,
Gustavo.