Re: [aspell-devel] Does Anyone Compile Aspell with -DNDEBUG?

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Does Anyone Compile Aspell with -DNDEBUG?
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:08:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, address@hidden wrote:

If you wanna have the checks never disabled why do you gard them or use
macros which doesn't work in default release mode?

Defining NDEBUG is a very Windows things. Most Unix applications that I know of are not compiled with NDEBUG enabled. Automake defaults to "-O2 -g" if no flags are specified. Also, most Unix makefiles do not have a concept of "release mode". Generally your control the different "modes" my simply passing different flags to the compiler when comping of linking.