Re: [aspell-devel] TeX double quotation marks and Italian language.

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] TeX double quotation marks and Italian language.
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:33:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 27 May 2008, Antonio Ospite wrote:

On Fri, 23 May 2008 13:45:37 -0600 (MDT)
Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Antonio Ospite wrote:

Great! This seems to be way simpler than a dictionary solution, and
it is language independent, too.

Do you think it is worth to translate the whole expression
 ``some text''
 "some text"
in the filter? It looks more robust to me.

Maybe, but more trouble.  Does TeX more or less unconditionally
converts '' to a double quote?  If so, there is no reason the filter
shouldn't also.

Ok, thanks, the attached patch makes me happy for now :)

Just a side note, mk-tex.conv.pl does not produce the same tex.conv
that aspell provides, is that known?

That is probably because I hard coded the path to decomp.txt in the file which is actually from the aspell-lang package. I also failed to check the return status of open thus the failed open is being ignored and the while loops are being skipped. It works fine for me.