Re: [aspell-devel] Re: aspell 0.60.6 on Windows and using libaspell with

From: Abdelrazak Younes
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Re: aspell 0.60.6 on Windows and using libaspell with SciTE
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:34:23 +0200

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
I guess too but I am not sure. There is a patch for dirent also IIUC, but this one is only for MSVC support, see attached. Joost, Peter, could you comment please?

Hello again,

Kevin, I am sorry but it seems that the patches I sent are not up to date. Here is a message from Joost who maintains the Windows port for LyX:

----

The patches in LyX SVN are no longer in use. Previously, I've use aspell-setter-sep06.patch in combination with the unofficial version by Gary Setter.

I'm currently using the version provided by Nicolas Hatier (posted to aspell-devel in July 2007), which adds MSVC support to Aspell. In addition, I've fixed a few Windows bugs and made Aspell check for a registry key that contains the dictionary and data file location, so the dictionaries can be shared by all applications.

We have also created an installer for the Aspell data files and installers for all dictionaries. The dictionary installers are generated automatically using a shell script.

Source code is available at http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Windows/aspell-source/

Best Regards,

Joost Verburg