[aspell-devel] Windows port - native

From: Nicolas Hatier
Subject: [aspell-devel] Windows port - native
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 00:54:43 -0400

Hello.

I developed a native Windows port of aspell, to be able to easily build it in MS Visual Studio.

The current MinGW solution has been quite handy, but I was asked to create a 64-bit version aspell on Windows, and MinGW does not currently provide any 64-bit capability.

I was wondering if it could be interesting to integrate my port in the project. The required changes are very small:
- Very minor changes to 5 files in the project (one line changed by file)
- A new /msvc directory added to the project with a few support files, a pre-configured settings.h, dirs.h and static-filters.cpp, and the project files.

These changes were done on the last release (0.60.5), I didn't find newly modified files on the CVS (but maybe the CVS is not up to date?)

The port currently does not have a compatible "install" script - all it does is to compile the aspell binary and a libaspell static and dynamic library (debug and release, win32 and x64).

Any interest?

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

--