Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell win32 port

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell win32 port
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:29:44 -0500

<snip>
>1. Am I duplicating work that someone else is already doing?
This was
>mostly "scratch an itch" type stuff since I didn't feel like
using a
>nearly 3-year-old version of Aspell.

Yes, I needed a spell checker for a diary program, so I did a
port and have ported revisions to aspell.
You can find the project here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary/

>2. According to our tests the --enable-win32-relocatable option
>doesn't seem to work. Are we correct in assuming this ability
has been
>removed?
I had no luck with that option. If you download my source, check
out these switches:
/* The PREFIX config key defaults to the directory of the
executable*/
#define WIN32_USE_EXECUTABLE_DIR

/* The HOME-DIR config key defaults to the personal directory
(e.g My Documents)*/
#define WIN32_USE_PERSONAL_DIR

Hope that helps,
Gary Setter