Re: [aspell-devel] genconv-filter.info occures twice in makefile.in

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] genconv-filter.info occures twice in makefile.in
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:41:25 +0100

Hi Gary
Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005 03:24 schrieb Gary Setter:
[...]
> BASH-2.05b$ make -f Makefile gen/static_filters.src.cpp
> /cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/perl gen/mk-static-filter.pl
> modules/filter/url-filter.info
>  modules/filter/email-filter.info modules/filter/tex-filter.info
> modules/filter/sgml-filter.info modules/filter/html-filter.info
> modules/filter/context-filter.info
> modules/filter/nroff-filter.info
> modules/filter/texinfo-filter.info
> modules/filter/genconv-filter.info
> process_begin: CreateProcess((null), /cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/perl
> gen/mk-static-filter.pl modules/filter/url-filter.info
> modules/filter/email-filter.info modules/filter/tex-filter.info
> modules/filter/sgml-filter.info modules/filter/html-filter.info
> modules/filter/context-filter.info
> modules/filter/nroff-filter.info
> modules/filter/texinfo-filter.info
> modules/filter/genconv-filter.info, ...) failed.
> make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
This looks to me as if perl coudnt find the gen/mk-static-filter.pl as
it is only called by relative path and not by absolut path fromt within the
wrong directory. Or at least one of the files listed for processing (rather
unlikely) could not be found.

Seems as if somebody has modified Makefile.in instead of Makefile.am and using
autogen.sh script form aspell source dir to rebuild all the files of build
system. Or even worse withinthe Makefile.am the relative pathes should be
peceded by ${top_srcdir}/ and/or ${top_builddir}/ to allow configure to set
the proper path to the files.

Thus my question which of the Makefiles did you modify? The Makefile.am or the
Makefile.in. The later is a bad idea as it gets regenereated as soon as
somebody either calls automake or or ${aspell_srcdir}/autogen.sh.

Thus if you are not using automake and all the other autotools i'd sugest you
get and install or update them to their latest version assuming that this
version is windows friendly enough to solve the above problem after possibly
adding ${top_srcdir}/ to the relative file pathes for the prelscript and the
files to process.

cu
Xris