Re: [aspell-devel] genconv-filter.info occures twice in makefile.in

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] genconv-filter.info occures twice in makefile.in
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:24:57 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Hintermüller"
<address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] genconv-filter.info occures twice in
makefile.in

> Hi Again
> Am Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005 03:55 schrieb Gary Setter:
> > Hi,
> > I tried to build the alpha version of aspell. One thing that
bit
> > me was the perl script gen/mk-static-filter.pl. The problem
seems
> > to be that file genconv-filter.info was passed to it twice.
That
> > seems to be because genconv-filter.info is in two macros
(vars)
> > in makefile.in. The vars are static_optfiles and optfiles.
Maybe
> > genconv-filter.info only needs to be in one place.
> as ab akternative to mk-static-filter.pl there would be the
possibility to
> use the libltd versions of ldopen and so on and ditribute
libltdl along with
> aspell in case it is not installed on some systems. It
implicitly mimics
> dlopening on systems not supporting dlopening directly and on
systems with
> dlopen a NULL filename to ltdlopen should let ltdlsym search
for symbols in
> the list of symbols allready loaded instead of the symbols from
a real
> loadable object. But that's your decision Kevin what to do as
it qould
> require to distribute a fallback copy of the libltdl sources
along aspell and
> adopt Makefile.am and Configure.ac to get proper configure
scirpt and
> Makefile.in.
>
> cu
> Xris

Hi Xrix,
This is the log. I played around. I was able to generate the
static_filters.src.cpp file by cutting and pasting the perl
command into it's own script. But I can't get it to work from the
makefile. Oh, the problem with an info file being listed twice
turned out not to be the whole problem. Am I the only one with
this problem?

BASH-2.05b$ make -f Makefile gen/static_filters.src.cpp
/cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/perl gen/mk-static-filter.pl
modules/filter/url-filter.info
 modules/filter/email-filter.info modules/filter/tex-filter.info
modules/filter/sgml-filter.info modules/filter/html-filter.info
modules/filter/context-filter.info
modules/filter/nroff-filter.info
modules/filter/texinfo-filter.info
modules/filter/genconv-filter.info
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), /cygdrive/c/PERL/BIN/perl
gen/mk-static-filter.pl modules/filter/url-filter.info
modules/filter/email-filter.info modules/filter/tex-filter.info
modules/filter/sgml-filter.info modules/filter/html-filter.info
modules/filter/context-filter.info
modules/filter/nroff-filter.info
modules/filter/texinfo-filter.info
modules/filter/genconv-filter.info, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
C:\Projects\CygWin\bin\make.exe: *** [gen/static_filters.src.cpp]
Error 2
BASH-2.05b$