[aspell-devel] What needs to be done for next release?

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [aspell-devel] What needs to be done for next release?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:26:52 -0600

Hi Kevin,

What needs to be done for the next release of Aspell? What role
does Win32 support play in it?

I'm wondering if anyone on this list has the free VC Toolkit
2003. I downloaded it but it requires Window2000, and my humble
system only has Windows98. The reason I bring it up is that many
of the problems I had with VC6 may not be problems with the newer
compiler. If so, I would quietly end my efforts to make  aspell
more compatible with VC6.

The one issue that I can't imagine going away is how to export
functions that are part of the Aspell libraries API. Would it be
a good thing to submit a patch that marks the API functions for
export?

With kind regards,
Gary Setter