Re: [aspell-devel] Makefile for Aspell / MinGW-gcc3.2

From: Thorsten Maerz
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Makefile for Aspell / MinGW-gcc3.2
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:01:36 +0200

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:33:58 -0400 (EDT) Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Thorsten Maerz wrote:
>
> > Problem 2: Calling new_aspell_speller()
> > The list of available dictionaries can
> > successfully be received, but the call to new_aspell_speller() crashes.

It turned out to be a path problem (a wrong dll was loaded, which used a
different path that contained no data files).
The Aspell/MinGW libraries now link and work fine with the MSVC compiler.

> BTW: Will cygwin not work for you?  I believe people have been able to get
> Aspell working under cygwin.

Aspell works nice under cygwin, but I always ran into problems when trying
to call their libraries from native win32 apps, e.g. crashes when assigning
the external functions too early after the dll was loaded. Creating libs
to link at compile time didnt work at all.

Best regards,
--
Thorsten Maerz          <address@hidden>
Sylpheed-claws/Win32:   http://claws-w32.sf.net